Various Artists "I Saved Latin! A Tribute to Wes Anderson"
Catalog Number: ALR-0032
Release Date: 02/12/14
Track List - CD & LP:
- Margaret Yang's Theme - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
- A Quick One While He’s Away - Saint Motel
- These Days - Matt Pond (feat. Laura Stevenson & Chris Hansen)
- Let Her Dance - Freelance Whales
- I Am Waiting - Tomo Nakayama (feat. Jesse Sykes)
- The Wind - William Fitzsimmons
- Needle In The Hay - Juliana Hatfield
- Making Time - Generationals
- The Way I Feel Inside - PHOX
- This Time Tomorrow - Telekinesis
- Strangers - Escondido
- Alone Again Or - Sara Lov
- Nothing In This World Can Stop Me Worrin' Bout That Girl - Solvents
- Le Temps De L'Amour - Marianne Dissard (Bonus Track - Vinyl Only)
- Here Comes My Baby - Tea Cozies
- Fly - Kristin Hersh
- Ziggy Stardust - Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
- Play with Fire - Elk City
- Stephanie Says - Tele Novella
- Oh Yoko - The Ghost In You
- Fairest Of The Seasons - Trespassers William
- 30 Century Man - Tomten
- Street Fighting Man - Mike Watt & The Secondmen
- Five Years - Santah
Track List - 7"
- Let Her Dance - Tele Novella
- Ooh La La - Joy Zipper
An outstanding 23-song, double-CD featuring today's best artists covering songs from Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, Darjeeling Limited, and more. Praised by SPIN, NME, TIME, Rolling Stone, Paste, Nylon, A.V. Club, NPR, USA Today, and Pitchfork -- this is another fantastic themed compilation from American Laundromat Records.
The vinyl edition includes a digital download card, Steve Zissou vinyl decal, and Max Fischer Rushmore Academy business card inside the jacket. The bonus 7" single also includes digital download card.
Praise for I Saved Latin!
"Cohesive and pleasingly idiosyncratic, 'I Saved Latin!' tugs on your heartstrings in the sweetest of ways -- just like the films themselves." -NME
"I Saved Latin! works on many levels – as a tribute to Wes Anderson, to his movies, to particular scenes in his movies, to the artists whose songs scored those scenes, to the artists who covered those songs, and to the label that brought those artists together... Let’s be clear about this – I Saved Latin! is a hell of a damn tribute." -Cover Me
"Highly original and masterfully executed -- much like a Wes Anderson film." -Details